Red Velvet Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix vinegar and baking soda; set aside (this is the last thing you add to mixture).
- Mix sugar, eggs, and buttermilk. Mix well. Add remaining ingredients.
- Bake in two 9-inch round cake pans coated with oil and flour, so cake will not stick. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- After the cake has cooled completely, split the layers horizontally to make 4 layers.
- In saucepan, heat flour and milk until thick, stirring constantly. Let cool. Gradually add the margarine, sugar, vanilla, and shortening to mixture. Ice cake.
|Nutrition Facts |
Serving Size: 10
Servings: Serves 14 to 16
Amount Per Serving
Calories 536 Calories from Fat 333
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 37g 56%|
|Saturated Fat 16g 80%|
|Cholesterol 35mg 11%|
|Sodium 379mg 15%|
|Total Carbohydrates 72g 24%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g 12%|
|Sugar 52g %|
|Protein 11g 18%|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|